Vegan Week: Egg-Free Scramble
Who would have thought that tofu could taste like eggs?
Check out this recipe for a vegan breakfast meal!
- 14 oz. extra-firm tofu (comes in a package)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly chopped
- 1 bell pepper, thinly chopped
- 1/4 lb. of mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (find at local Trader Joe's or health food store)
1. Use a fork or spatula (or other cooking utensil) to break the tofu into small pieces.
2. On medium-low heat, add the vegetable oil to a frying pan and add the tofu. Saute for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add all other ingredients into the frying pan and lightly stir tofu for 3 minutes (or until cooked thoroughly).
*Tomatoes are optional. Dice tomatoes and add into the frying pan along with the other ingredients.
Post a Comment
All comments require further review. Any spam content is automatically deleted.
Do not leave your email in any comments.