Nothing is as good as a bowl of hot piping chili on a cold day!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup dry textured vegetable protein (TVP, find this at your local grocery/health store)
- 2 16-oz. cans of tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 3-oz. can tomato paste
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder (more or less depending on your taste)
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 15-oz. can kidney, pinto, or black beans
1. Pour the boiling water over the textured vegetable protein and set it aside for 5 minutes.
2. Combine this with all of the remaining ingredients except for the beans. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
3. Add the beans and simmer for an additional 30 minutes. Serve alone or with rice or bread.