Start your morning (or afternoon) off with some delicious vegan pancakes! If your appetite is like mine, you'll eat pancakes any time of day :)
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1.5 cups soy milk (or water)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar together.
2. Stir in the soy milk (or water) and vegetable oil. If the batter is too thick, add 3 teaspoons of water and stir.
3. On medium heat, pour the batter into a nonstick frying pan. Flip the pancake with a spatula once the edges are brown.
4. Remove pancake from pan and repeat for desired number of pancakes. Add strawberries (or other fruits and syrup).
I like to add strawberry sauce instead of syrup to my pancakes.
Add 5 strawberries, juice from one lime, 1 tablespoon of sugar (or 2, more or less is optional) and if you have vanilla extract, add a dash of it into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap for 20 minutes. Drizzle over pancakes.